Sunday, March 16, 2014

Report Card

Report Card
I thought it might be a good time to reflect on how we have been doing with our predictions.  Above is a chart of the UDOW with arrows pointing to published blog posts for Buy, Secure Profits, and Sell signals.

As you can see, I have been able to reliably predict good market entry points.  After the Buy signals, we have seen a significant market move to the upside.  This is where a leveraged ETF, like UDOW, can produce reliable profits. 

There are a couple keys to success when it comes to trading this method.  They are generally related to trader psychology:
1) Don't get greedy - when you have reached a profit level you are comfortable with, take some exposure off the table.  Setting a trailing stop can be a very effective way to maximize your gains after a "secure profit" signal is generated.
2) Avoid the "What if?" - after you take profits, don't look back.  You'll probably tell yourself that you could have stayed in longer and taken a bigger gain.  Doing this will only cause your brain to get greedy and make a bad decision.
3) Understand that this is about reliability - My trades have all been profitable, in one way or another.  Sometimes we get a big gain, sometimes we get a smaller gain.. but they are all gains.  Every wave is different.

Ultimately, I'm very pleased with my trading!  To my knowledge, there is not anyone else out there using my method to predict these market turns.  I look forward to continuing the winning trend!

No comments:

Post a Comment